Jan 1, 2015; Tampa, FL, USA; Auburn Tigers head coach Gus Malzahn reacts against the Wisconsin Badgers during the second half in the 2015 Outback Bowl at Raymond James Stadium. Wisconsin Badgers defeated the Auburn Tigers 34-31 in overtime. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
Do not get me wrong. Auburn fans could be singing a very different tune in a few short seasons if Malzahn does not deliver another 2013-type season in the next couple of years.
Some fans want Les Miles gone. All he has done is average better than 10 wins a season and play in two National Championships, winning one.
Other fans want Mark Richt gone. All he has done is win every year he has been at Georgia and win the SEC Championship twice, playing for it four times.
Gus Malzahn is safe right now. Almost any coach is still safe after year two. Malzahn has 2013 in his back pocket to buy him at least a couple extra seasons of security as long as he does not take a Chizik-level nose dive.
I do not think that happens. Gus Malzahn gets the Southbound and Down thumbs up.
More from Southbound and Down
- Texas A&M vs. Auburn: Line, Prediction, TV Channel & Live Stream for SEC Football
- 3 Up’s, 3 Down’s from Georgia’s 24-14 Win Over South Carolina
- Ole Miss Football: Looking back at the Rebels career of Zedrick Woods
- Alabama vs. Ole Miss: Line, Prediction, TV Channel & Live Stream for SEC Football
- “Horns Down” will not be a Penalty in the SEC