First ever meeting between Arizona State and Texas A&M to kickoff the 2015 season
More from Southbound and Down
- Texas A&M vs. Auburn: Line, Prediction, TV Channel & Live Stream for SEC Football
- 3 Up’s, 3 Down’s from Georgia’s 24-14 Win Over South Carolina
- Ole Miss Football: Looking back at the Rebels career of Zedrick Woods
- Alabama vs. Ole Miss: Line, Prediction, TV Channel & Live Stream for SEC Football
- “Horns Down” will not be a Penalty in the SEC
Kickoff: Saturday, September 5, 2015
Time: 7 p.m. EST
Location: NRG Stadium, Houston, TX
College football has finally arrived.
Although several teams will be working out the kinks and jitters against the likes of FCS foes and FBS cellar-dwellers, a few marquee match-ups with early postseason implications should make Opening Week interesting.
While the majority of the country will be fixated on the Alabama-Wisconsin game in the ‘My-Conference-Is-Better-Than-Your-Conference’ Bowl in Arlington, TX, another cross-conference clash will be taking place just 270 miles south on I-45.
I’m talking, of course, about the (not so) neutral site match-up between Arizona State and Texas A&M in Houston.
Only once do the SEC and Pac-12 square off this year — and it’s in Week 1. In addition, this match-up features teams from arguably the two toughest divisions in college football: the Pac-12 South and the SEC West.
There’s a lot at stake for both teams. The winner adds its first quality win to its résumé and solidifies bragging rights for its respective conference, while the loser will likely need to win out if it hopes to reach the playoff.
It’s the first ever meeting between the Aggies and the Sun Devils and it promises to live up to the hype.
Next: Pac-12 Devils