SEC Basketball: Four teams to Sweet 16 in 2019 NCAA Tournament

Next2 of 5Prev
Use your ← → (arrows) to browse

 

SEC Basketball

(Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

Auburn

The Auburn Tigers outlasted its first opponent New Mexico State in the first round winning 78-77. After that game, the future for the Tigers didn’t seem bright.

New Mexico State shot better from the floor, but like usual the Tiger’s three-point game ultimately helped them barely escape the first round.

Then the Tigers demolished Kansas 89-75. Despite the close score, Auburn handled its business and dominated from the arc to advance over the Jayhawks.

Related Story: Auburn Basketball Demolishes Kansas in Route of Sweet 16

Now Auburn has an even bigger task, a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. If the Tigers want to keep dancing, they must defeat Goliath

The No. 5 seeded Tigers must take on the No. 1 seed North Carolina. According to ESPN, there is a 66.1 percent chance UNC will take the win and move to the next round. As for Auburn, the Tigers have a 33.9 percent chance.

Auburn can defeat the Tarheels, but it’ll have to play as it did against Tennessee and Kansas to do it. North Carolina cruised by its second opponent, but 16-seed Iona gave the Tarheels everything it had. If Auburn can do something similar, we could see our first 1-seed get eliminated.

The two teams play on March 29 at 7:29 p.m. ET on TBS.

 

Next2 of 5Prev
Use your ← → (arrows) to browse
Load Comments